Mail & Packages
Mail and package services are available to all students who live on campus.
Services vary based on living option. Students living in select residence halls have mail and packages delivered to a central service center. Students living in Swanson Hall have mailboxes located in the main lobby. On-campus apartment students have mailboxes located in their building.
Residence halls have daily mail pick-up and delivery at each service center (except Sunday and holidays).
- You and your roommate or suitemates will share a mailbox.
- The box opens up with your room key.
Your Mailing Address
In order to receive mail during the academic year, you need to have it addressed as follows. The Post Office has requested no punctuation and all capital letters.
West, Selke, Noren, Brannon, McVey and Squires Halls
Address mail for residents in West, Selke, Noren, Brannon, McVey, Walsh, and Squires Halls like this example. These halls require an A, B, or C at the end of the room number.
307A West Hall
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Johnstone, Fulton, Swanson, Conference Center, and Smith Halls
Address mail for residents in Johnstone, Fulton, Swanson, Conference Center, and Smith Halls like this:
201 Johnstone Hall
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Address mail for residents in University Place like this:
Carleton Court Apartments
Address mail for residents in Carleton Court Apartments like this:
BUILDING # Carleton Court APT #
Grand Forks, ND 58203
Resident Mailboxes and Service Center Locations
United States Postal Service (USPS) letters are delivered to the service center located at Wilkerson Service Center with the exception of Swanson Hall and UPlace and distributed to a student’s mailbox. USPS packages only, which do not require a signature, are available for pick up at a resident’s complex service center (see below).
Mailboxes are located on the main floor of Swanson Hall by the hall office.
Packages for All Halls
- All FedEx, UPS, and accountable deliveries addressed to students in the residence halls are delivered to the Wilkerson Commons Service Center.
- Students are sent a text to their mobile phone and an email notification to their University email when their package is available for pickup.
- A photo ID is required to pick up packages.
- Anything too large to fit into a mailbox is considered a package (approximately 3 ½” x 4 ½”).
- There may be a difference in the date the package arrives on campus and when it's ready for pick up due to the volume of mail processed at the service center.
- The service center will be closed on holidays observed by the University.
Mail is delivered to Wilkerson Service Center Monday through Saturday, unless changed by the U.S. Postal Service. It will be distributed daily by 5:00 pm to your mailbox located in each complex main lounge area, with the exception of Swanson Hall, whose residents receive mail at their hall. Students may not have explosives or ammunition delivered to their residence hall address.
Misaddressed mail is delivered to UND Campus Postal Services where it will be forwarded to the address provided by each student in Campus Connection. Address changes may be made directly on Campus Connection. Only First Class and qualified mail (according to U.S. Postal regulations) will be forwarded to the address listed. All other mail will be discarded or returned to the sender. This mail forwarding procedure is also followed during the summer months. Listed below are key steps to receive your mail faster:
- Use Campus Connection to make any address changes.
- Change your address on all magazines and newspapers three to four weeks before you move to a new address.
- Notify friends and family of your new address and when that address will be in effect.
- Call Campus Postal Services at 701.777.2279 if you have any questions.
- Capitalize all words and avoid use of punctuation for best results with current automated mail sorting.